Re: TR engine rebuild

To: rtriplett@bjservices.com
Subject: Re: TR engine rebuild
From: John Middlesworth <jape@email.unc.edu>
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 10:18:08 -0500 (EST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
I sprayed a little Permatex non-hardening sealant on the figure-8
gaskets before I put it all together.  I found that trying to tap the
sleeves down didn't really seat them (and I was tapping pretty hard).  I
then put large bolts with washers into the holes for the studs and pulled
each cylinder down by screwing down the bolts.  It worked great and gave
the proper seating.  It only takes two bolts per cyliner, positioned on
opposite sides of the liner you're working on.

John Middlesworth