Stub axle removal

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Stub axle removal
From: Ct54531@aol.com
Date: Sun, 25 Oct 1998 16:39:18 EST
Listers:

Another real time question as I have just come in from the garage to ask it.
Had the hubs, etc (front end) off and before putting them back on I wanted to
repack the bearings while I was at this point. So I went to take off the stub
axles and, according to Haynes, after removing the nut, I need to "...place a
soft wood block on the threaded end..." Well, maybe I have a freak but both
ends are threaded. Do I tap on the inside threaded end or the outside threaded
end? Does the stub axle come out toward me or away from me? How hard will I
need to "tap".
Thanks in advance.

                                                         JMac