TR6 Interior lights

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR6 Interior lights
From: jworthy@csc.com
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 16:07:28 +1000
Listers

I have an ex-US 72 TR6 which doesn't have any interior lighting - even the
plinth  is missing.  I'm going to try and connect everything up again.

I have a workshop manual which gives me a wiring diagram for the US market
from 72 onwards.  It is fairly simple to follow although identifying where
the wires are in the car is going to be a challenge.  My car has a switch
under the radio for the interior light but the wiring diagram doesn't show
how this is configured.  The TRF parts book says this switch is for 73 cars
onwards.  If it is for the 72 model then can someone send me a wiring
diagram.

A couple of other questions:

a)   the driver's door switch has four connections i.e. earth, 2 x Lucars
and a wire.  Can this be transferred to the RH door given that this is now
my driver's door.

b)   which side of the car does the wires for the interior light plinth
run?

c)   The key light  operates off the driver's door switch.  Does this light
turn off immediately the door closes or is there some time delay so you can
put your key in?

TIA

John