Re: TR6 Interior lights

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, jworthy@csc.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Interior lights
From: Lex Garey <LGarey@mail.dot.state.nc.us>
Date: Wed, 28 Oct 1998 17:53:29 -0500
John:

You wrote:
Listers

I have an ex-US 72 TR6 which doesn't have any interior
lighting - even the plinth  is missing.  I'm going to try
and connect everything up again.

I have a workshop manual which gives me a wiring diagram for
the US market from 72 onwards.  It is fairly simple to
follow although identifying where the wires are in the car
is going to be a challenge.  My car has a switch under the
radio for the interior light but the wiring diagram doesn't
show how this is configured.  The TRF parts book says this
switch is for 73 cars onwards.  If it is for the 72 model
then can someone send me a wiring diagram.

..snip....

I don't know if the switch is for a '72 or not, but I have
one in my '74, and it is also on the wiring diagram in my
owner's manual.  One terminal has 2 wires attached, each one
is purple with a white stripe.  The other terminal has one
black wire.  This matches the wiring diagram.

The wiring diagram shows the black wire going directly to
ground.  One of the purple wires goes to the passenger side
footwell lamp, and the other goes to a splice with wires
from the 2 door switches, and the key light.

I can scan the diagram and send it if you'd like.  Good
luck.

-Lex Garey, Shelby, NC,  '74 TR6