Re: TR3 Side curtain rebuilding

To: miket@urgrgcc.edu
Subject: Re: TR3 Side curtain rebuilding
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 16:54:14 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< I was just wondering if I should consider rebuilding my own side curtains.
 Has anyone completed the task with favorable results? Do you need a sewing
 machine?
 What does the job entail?
 Or is it better left to the pros at TRF.

 Cheers,
 Mike Thompson
 59 TR3A
 73 GT6
 78 XJ6L >>

Hello Mike
As I understand it you not only need a sewing machine, you need a heavy duty
sewing machine to sew the thick vinyl. I had a set done locally a few years
back and to be honest I think I could have done as good a job myself. Am
considering the attempt, but I'm no seamstress (seamster?). I guess it would
be possible by hand but pretty laborious/monotonous. If you try this I would
recommend either very good notes or a "reference set" in hand. I don't think
TRF rebuilds these in house and they take a long, long time.
Wonder if anyone out there has any experience with a new set? Moss still lists
'em.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B