Re: Refitting a tenax stud (TR3)

To: kinderlehrer@mindspring.com
Subject: Re: Refitting a tenax stud (TR3)
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 29 Oct 1998 17:12:15 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< The left most tenax stud for the convertable top is long missing and the
 hole in the windshield frame that it came out of is much too oversized for
 a new one, at least any I've been able to find.

 Has anyone run into this situation and found a cure? I thought about
 drilling straight through both sides of the frame, but that seems a little
 drastic. Any thoughts would be appreciated.

 Bob

Oooo!
Nasty one Bob!
All I can think of is to get another frame - shouldn't be too hard to find.
I think if you drill through you're gonna hit glass!
Other than that epoxy might hold it for a while, or you could probably take
the frame apart, braze and redrill the hole, grind , polish and rechrome!

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4