Re: Re: 'Blipping' the Throttle

To: mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca, owner-triumphs@Autox.Team.Net, mike.stevenson@virgin.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re: 'Blipping' the Throttle
From: Editorgary@aol.com
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 12:58:54 EST

In a message dated 10/30/98 9:41:49 AM, mark.milotay@onthemark.bc.ca wrote:

<<I was told to do this to solve my intermittent backfire on shutdown
problem. If I am accomplishing the other benefits as well that would be
great.>>

You can accomplish that same effect by shutting off the car "on the clutch"--a
trick I learned for concours judging when I couldn't get my high-compression
Healey 100M to keep from running-on at shut-down (judges always deduct a point
when that happens).  All you need to do is have the car in gear and release
the clutch just to the point where the revs start to drop then switch off the
key.  Guaranteed to prevent shut-down run-on and/or backfire.

Cheers
Gary Anderson
Editor, British Car Magazine