Re: 'Blipping' the Throttle

To: "Mike Stevenson" <mike.stevenson@virgin.net>, <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: 'Blipping' the Throttle
From: "Paul S" <paul-s@freenet.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 19:41:43 -0000charset="iso-8859-1"
I find it difficult not blipping the throttle one last time before i get out
of the car as well but I read recently in "Classic Cars" and there answer is
:- "no don't do it, Just as the engine is slowing down, your chucking in a
load of neat fuel that wont be burnt. The only thing it can do is trickle
down the cylinder bores, washing off the oil. When you next start the engine
the bores will be dry -cue unneccessary wear and tear"

I always believe there is more than one way to skin a cat so i blip the
throttle and then leave it tick over for a short while but i dont do it to
coat the bearing's I do it to hear the sound that comes out of a six and
through a s/s exhaust just one last time! (and let the neighbours know i'm
home)