Re: TR6 Springs

To: triumph@shiseis.com
Subject: Re: TR6 Springs
From: Jim Barbuscia <Jim.Barbuscia@West.Sun.COM>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 13:16:14 -0800 (PST)
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
 Hi Shane,

 All springs and Aluminum spacers came from Moss Motors LA, CA.
 The comp. springs are shorter and would make the car ride about
 1" lower. To bring the ride height up to stock I used spacers.
 The spacers In the front are also aluminum but were made for
 a TR4/TR5 and as such are a little narrower (OD) than the spring
 used for the TR6. To "make them useable" I just hacksawed a line
 through them (so they could spread outward) and fit them over the
 end of the spring. I then installed them using new rubber insulators
 as normal.

 -jimb

 P.S. you can see the car on my home page if you'd like.
 http://www.ptinet.net/~jimbar

> From: triumph@shiseis.com (Shane F. Ingate)
> To: Jim.Barbuscia@West
> Subject: Re: TR6 Springs
>
> Jim,
>       Good post....where did you get your rear springs from?
> And what did you mean by "They are for the TR4 but can be made
> to fit the TR6"?
>
>       Shane Ingate in San Diego

## Jim Barbuscia SE Sun Microsystems Kirkland, WA.       ##
## http://sunup.West.Sun.COM:80/~jb                      ##
## Standard Disclaimers apply (Jim.Barbuscia@Sun.COM) ##