TR6 Springs

To: triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: TR6 Springs
From: Steve Benelisha <here@best.com>
Date: Fri, 30 Oct 1998 08:46:16 -0800

  I'm completing the rear suspension rebuild on the TR and I'll be
moving onto the front shortly. Everything that wears was completely worn
out. I used poly trailing arm bushings and the blue competition springs
- to prevent the rear sag problem from ever returning again. Aluminum
spacers are being used to get the ride height back to spec, assuming
that will even be necessary once the car is back on the ground.

  My question is this: When replacing the front springs, am I committed
to using competition springs here as well? If  new stock springs are
used, will I experience increased oversteer or other handling problems?
I am concerned that comp springs up front may cause too harsh a ride to
be enjoyable.

Thanks, and hopefully this isn't too silly a question.

Steve
'74 TR6  CF17135U
Ojai, Ca