Re: Horn Push Button Disection

To: lensman@erols.com
Subject: Re: Horn Push Button Disection
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Sat, 7 Nov 1998 22:39:40 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Here's one for the list.  My horn isn't working.  Everything is hooked
 up right and the fuse is not blown.  I can make the horn  work by
 shorting out the horn brush (the plastic bic pen and spring) and the
 steering column but can't make it sound by depressing (or even cheering
 up) the horn push button.  Has anyone taken the horn push button apart?
 Could it be a bad contact on the inside of the horn push button.  I've
 cleaned all the other contacts but still can't get the horn to sound by
 pushing the button.  Any ideas.

 Jerry >>
My guess is either the horn push is bad (test it w/ an ohm meter) or you're
not putting it in correctly. Try installing it, disconnect the battery, and
see if the "hot" side of the horn circuit becomes continuous with ground when
you push it.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B