Re: Re[2]: visitor

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: Re: Re[2]: visitor
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Nov 1998 12:30:20 -0600
> It really is gratifying to meet folks like Jane Burdekin and Brad Kahler
> and see that fire in their eyes that Triumphs evoke.  You can just tell by
> their enthusiasm in talking about their cars and their interest in mine
> that they are true-blue Triumph people.  Jane has already passed it on to
> her daughter who was interested enough to stand in the cold and dark with
> us and listen to us go on about Triumphs.

When you stand out in the cold and dark you know there has to be
something wrong with the four of us!  I was impressed that Janes daughter
stuck it out.

> Jane has a GT6 that has an eye-catching paint job.  I was jealous of her
> being able to sit on the front tires while working in the engine bay when
> the bonnet is up...what a nice change that would be from the back bends I
> do on my TR6.

Isn't age wonderful.....

> I think a GT6 would be my choice for my next TR and then maybe a TR4A or a
> TR250 or....my God I think I hung around with Brad too long.

Bud, it ONLY gets worse.  Trust me I know.

> Brad and I made the rounds and ya'll would of been proud (maybe surpised
> is the word) that he didn't buy a single car or part while we were out
> looking through the junk yards and at other potential projects.  Of course
> that could be because of the limitations of the trunk on my TR6 and the
> fact that he didn't have his trailer, and that doesn't mean he won't be
> back either (for that 3 tub).  Brad's motto is "Never say Never" when it
> comes to seeing the potential in ANY Triumph.
>  There will be a lot of Triumphs that owe their existence to Brad before
>  he's done.

and a lot of credit card companies that had their stock values rise because
of it <G>.

> Brad was kind enough to take some pics of my TR6 with his digital camera
> and send me the image files.  He's even posted them on his website if
> you're interested in seeing it (you can almost see my Triumph List sticker
> proudly displayed on the windshield).  Brad's site is listed below.  He's
> got some great pics of his fine Spitfire and some before pictures of his
> other projects.

Its been fun coming up with the web page, on the down side it appears that
I'm getting more spam mail from people soliciting their abilities to me about
web page design, etc.  Its a shame there isn't anything that can be done
about that crap.

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My 1st attempt at a web site. Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4            BFC25720L
1961 TR4                   CT288L (To Maine or bust)
1959 TR3A                  TS41311L (someday)
1951 Dodge Truck    82217766  B-3-B-108