Re: Churchill Tool for TR4A - TR^ Rear Hub Separation

To: RDB52670@aol.com
Subject: Re: Churchill Tool for TR4A - TR^ Rear Hub Separation
From: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Date: Thu, 12 Nov 1998 22:38:58 EST
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net

<< Does any one have the churchill tool needed to separate rear hubs on the
TR4A
 - TR6 IRS cars.  Took a rear hub to a machine shop to have new bearings put
in
 and the guy warped the hub, threaded end of the axle and u-joint.  I would
 settle for a copy of the blueprints of the tool and have a machinist I know
 make the tool for me. >>

There was a thread on this subject a while back - some one talked about making
one of these tools using wire wheel adapters with some success. I ran into one
of the fabled Churchill tools about a month ago. I never realized this thing
was hydraulic (filled w/ grease). Probably cost less to buy one than to make
to original specks - unless you have your own machine shop!
BTW the owner of the tool told me that it was just amazing how well it works.
Having tried unsuccessfully myself to pull off TR3 hubs - also ended up
bending the hub - I was pretty impressed.

Ken Nuelle
58 TR3A
62 TR3B
64 TR4