TR4 Door latches

To: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 Door latches
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Sat, 21 Nov 1998 22:25:03 -0600
Listers,

I'm a little confused (so what new!) about the latching mechanisms on the
TR4 doors.  As I was playing with the fit of the door I noticed that when I
closed it fully I could then pull outward on the handle and the door would
pop outward slightly and would then be somewhat loose.  Once I
discovered this I went and checked the other door and it too does the same
thing.  Does this indicate a worn lock mechanism, is there something out of
adjustment or is this normal?

TIA
Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs

1964  Spitfire4 BFC25720L -- 1973 Spitfire Mk4
1962 TR4 CT288L                -- 1959 TR3A TS41311L
1951 Dodge Truck B-3-B-108