Re: FW: Interior Panels

To: Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com>, "Arakelian, Peter" <arakelianp@mossmotors.com>, Triumphs <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Re: FW: Interior Panels
From: Harris Goodkind <tr_250@yahoo.com>
Date: Fri, 27 Nov 1998 23:55:27 -0800 (PST)
Roger,
FWIW, Victoria British sells just the door panels.  They are on page
20 of the newest catalog (TC.33) and sell for $119.95.  If you don't
have the catalog you can order one free by calling 1-800-255-0088.  I
am not affiliated in any way with VB.  The fact that Moss only sells
complete panel kits has irked me for some time now.

---Roger Elliott <relliott@cjnetworks.com> wrote:

> Listers,
>
> I  am sorry that this was sent to the list, but since it was I
decided to
> respond here.
>
> Peter.
>
> The unfortunate thing about email is that there are no vocal nuances
or
> facial expressions to help gauge the senders attitude.  Since I
don't know
> you and the first contact I had with you was  >" Look, do you want
original
> panels or just something to cover the opening  in the sheet metal?
There
> are a lot of ways to cover the opening - duct  tape will do!"  I had
no
> choice but to read it at face value.  It came across as belittling,
> patronizing and insulting.  So I am sure I responded with an attitude.
>
> As a Moss Motors employee of course you are allowed an opinion and
if you
> had said something like "I believe that this won't produce good
results.
> You would probably be more satisfied if you purchased a door set
from ..."
> That, I would have accepted as an opinion and it would not have
bothered me
> at all.
>
> Yes, I have had good experiences ordering parts from Moss  and the
sales
> staff has been courteous.  However, since you chose to use your
company
> name, position, phone and fax numbers in your signature, it is as
far as I
> am concerned the same as if I received a letter on company
letterhead, or a
> call from your service department.  Like most customers, it only
takes one
> experience that made me this upset,  for me to decide to do business
with
> someone that seems to appreciate my business more.
>
> I tried, admittedly in not the most diplomatic way, to let you know
I wasn't
> happy with your contact and that I would have to consider shopping
> elsewhere.  You chose to send a response, to my private email to
you, to a
> public list.  Because of this, there is no longer even a
consideration if I
> will do business with Moss Motors in the near future.
>
> Yes, it is wonderful to buy the correct part, but it is not always
> economically feasible or reasonable. An interior panel kit for my
TR4 costs
> $389.95 from Moss (they don't sell just the door panels) So,  if I
can fix
> it for a couple hours labor and a few bucks in materials and still
have it
> look good - yes I will do it.  Especially, if the choice is spending
money
> on parts that keeps the car running or making it look better.  I
suspect the
> majority of the listers and most of Moss customers have had to make
these
> choices at one time or another.
>
> I was just trying to let a fellow lister know that some times there
are way
> to get good results with out having to spend a lot of money.  And
yes,  I
> know that good results are possible doing what I described. There is
a man
> in one of clubs that I belong to that repeatedly wins first place
with one
> of his cars that has a panel repaired in the manor I suggested.
>
> Roger Elliott
>
> "Arakelian, Peter" wrote:

We
> > deal with customers every day who have attempted projects only to
get
> > into trouble.  Our tech dept is staffed by helpful and knowledgeable
> > people who correct problems caused by vendors who only have order
takers
> > on the phone.  Once again I say that if you want it to look right,
buy
> > right.

==
Harris Goodkind