Re: Directional signals

To: KTRIUMPH@aol.com
Subject: Re: Directional signals
From: George Richardson <gprtech@frontiernet.net>
Date: Thu, 03 Dec 1998 06:57:35 -0800
Cc: triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
There's no "watch repair" in the control head, believe me. It's kind of
an odd setup, but not small or hard to work with. I've repaired several
that I had here before sending them to people who needed them.

If you pull the stator tube, you are then going to need to thread the
ends of the wires back through the steering column, which will be more
difficult than just pulling them back in a couple of feet.

By the way, I've remove the control head and wires and reinstalled it,
removed the stator tube and reinstalled it, and just pulled the control
head out a bit while leaving the wires in place and repaired it.

In order of difficulty:         Removing the stator tube and replacing it
                                Removing control head and wires and replacing
it
                                Pulling control head out some and working on it

You can also pul the control head out a bit and disconnect the wires
from it, so that you can work on it somewhere else. I haven't done that.

--
George Richardson
The Wyvern - '57 TR3, TS15559L - Now on the road!