Re: RoSpit

To: richtr <richtr@erols.com>
Subject: Re: RoSpit
From: Bob Lang <LANG@ISIS.MIT.EDU>
Date: Fri, 04 Dec 1998 09:25:16 -0500 (EST)
Cc: "Robert M. Lang" <blang@MIT.EDU>, tomomalley@meganet.net, triumphs@Autox.Team.Net
On Thu, 3 Dec 1998, richtr wrote:

> > Hey wait - I could build a tube-frame V8 powered TR6... kool.
> >
> > Later,
> > rml
> > Bob Lang
> > TR6's (with TR6 engines - for now).

> Bob;
> If you want a TR6 with a tube frame, buy a TVR 2500M....
> 900 lbs lighter, wider, and goes like stink.

Yep - we know about that. Interestingly, the class that I'm building my
current TR6 for (SCCA Solo II A Prepared) includes the 2500M. The rules
indicate that the TVR needs to be 1900 pounds, and the TR6 has to be
2000. Go figure.

The thing is - I actually would have more qualms hacking up a TVR than a
TR6. They made a lot less TVRs. Now, if I found a really tatty TVR - I
might consider hacking it up, but chances of finding a tatty TVR that
someone would let go for cheap money is pretty low. FWIW, a few members
of our "local" Triumph club are also TVR nuts. I have approached them
several times asking if they had knowledge about TVRs that I have seen
for sale. In every case, at least one person knew the seller and at least
some of the history of the car. That defines a tightly knit community!

So, I know about TVRs. But the tube frame car I was talking about
building would be a tube frame with some plastic (glass fibre) body
panels to represent some body lines and a totally kool suspension.

But that's not going to happen any time soon, as I have one particular
project that is gorging cash from my accounts right now. And I am
determined to get that car in race form for the '99 season. Time will
tell how foolish this endevour is...

> Dean

later,
rml
Voice: (617)253-7438    FAX: (617)258-9535     |