TR4 fan belts

To: TRIUMPHS@Autox.Team.Net
Subject: TR4 fan belts
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Tue, 15 Dec 1998 23:40:16 EST
In a message dated 98-12-15 22:43:05 EST,  KTRIUMPH writes:

> I'll add a few cents to this one. Art is right - you have to raise the
> motor in a TR4 to install the belt. There is only about 1/2" clearance
> between the steering rack and the fan extension, whereas on the TR3 there is
> lots of room between the ext. and the steering rod. I can change the belts
in
> my TR3's OK but have to jack up the motor of the TR4.
>  Ken Nuelle

Ken, hi.  Thanks for the support.  Several folks have given me answers based
on the TR3 and it is "muddying the water."  I just hope I save some poor soul
in a TR4 the trouble of trying to replace a fan belt on the road (by carrying
an emergency belt) and make it easier to do so in the garage ( by knowing
beforehand that "you gotta jack it up").   Cheers.

Art