Fw: Other Uses for LBCs

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: Fw: Other Uses for LBCs
From: "Mark Hooper" <mhooper@pixelsystems.com>
Date: Fri, 18 Dec 1998 16:54:50 -0500charset="iso-8859-1"
Who needs a trailer? I have a '72 TR6 with a very solid roll bar installed.
One day, when doing some work on the garage, I needed to move a pile of
2X4s. I had a friend with me driving a hatchback with fold down seats. We
took both cars to the lumberyard so that he could fill up the passenger side
of his machine. However there were far too many boards for one trip. So to
speed up the process we divided them up between the hatchback and the TR6. .
He put boards in the hatch and I put them in the TR6 in the passenger side
with the ends in the footwell and the
middles resting on the roll bar. He had his car full and I still had room. I
had a lot of weight on the roll bar, but I found out that the Triumph made a
better pickup than most American full sized cars and quite few hatchbacks.
Mind you, it was disconcerting driving looking at all
the scowling outraged LBC enthusiasts shaking their fists at me.

Mark Hooper
mhooper@pixelsystems.com