RE: Voltage Stabilizer, was re: electric oil

To: <triumphs@Autox.Team.Net>
Subject: RE: Voltage Stabilizer, was re: electric oil
From: jaltman@altlaw.com
Date: Sun, 20 Dec 1998 07:43:08 -0500charset="Windows-1252"
Please feel free to jump all over me if I am wrong, but wasn't there a
discussion of this some time ago where some one pointed out that the voltage
stabilizer is not a regulator in the conventional sense.  Since the meters
connected to it are using bimetal strips inside, it adjusts the voltage and
compensates for temperature differences.  i.e. in colder weather the voltage
will be higher so a half a tank still reads a half a tank.

Jim Altman  jaltman@altlaw.com Illigitimi non Carborundum
http://www.altlaw.com/metro/jaltman.html    69-TR6#CC28754L  W4UCK