Re: rearend noise

To: John Henry <lastsix@earthlink.net>
Subject: Re: rearend noise
From: Gary Ganoung <gg07165@spectra.net>
Date: Mon, 01 Mar 1999 08:22:13 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net
John Henry wrote:

> My TR6 has recently developed a new noise in the rear. When I go over a
> bump it sounds like something is knocking on the bottom of the car
> around by the wheel wells. I have totally dismantled the rear drive
> train, pulled the differential and checked the mounting studs and found
> nothing. There's not much left to check. Does anyone out there have any
> suggestions or experienced anything similar?
>
> John Henry
> College Station, Texas
> '72 TR6
> '76 TR6

My 74 TR6 suffers from the same malady!  I kept thinking that it was the
exhaust system that kept clunking.  A friend of mine, an MGA afficiando,
suggested it might be the lever shocks.  He has a problem with his and
had them rebuilt.  Did you look there?

I plan to dive into my shocks when the weather warms up.  The clunk is
really annoying!