MSD ignition

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: MSD ignition
From: "Kim and Kelly Alford" <alfords@seanet.com>
Date: Mon, 1 Mar 1999 21:30:34 -0800charset="iso-8859-1"
Hello All,  I just installed the MSD 5 electronic ignition system with the
MSD "Blaster 2" coil on my 71 TR6.  Wasn't sure whether a difference would
be noticeable, but WOW!  Things I noticed right off the bat: 1-Faster
warm-up in cold weather, 2-much smoother idle, 3-no pinging even when
pulling up hill under hard acceleration.  The Blaster coil fits very well in
the original coil bracket, and the CDI unit has just the right amount of
connection pigtail to mount on the (US) passenger side nicely.
        Has anyone else had the same experience with this conversion?  Also,
I've
heard that one should increase the spark plug gap for even more effect.
True?  If so, how much?

Thanks, Kelly Alford
71-TR6