Re: 71 TR6 manifold downpipe

To: Triumphs <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: 71 TR6 manifold downpipe
From: "Power British Performance Parts, Inc." <britcars@powerbritish.com>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 08:18:09 -0500
Tomislav Marincic wrote:

>         Harvey,
>
>         RE:"Does anyone know if Triumph used a double downpipe
> on the exhaust manifold in 1971 on the TR6?"
>
>         No, the "twin throughout" exhaust was added in 1972 on
> US-spec cars.
>
> "But I have seen a TR6 with a double pipe back to the muffler and I
> was wondering if the original exhaust manifold had been replaced."
>
>         Probably. I'm doing that right now with my TR250. The
> exhaust port spacing is the same, and I'm fitting the Falcon
> stainless steel "sport" exhaust, which requires a dual-branch
> manifold.
>
>         Best Regards,
>
>         Tom Marincic

Remember also that the PI cars (i.e. non-US spec) had the double pipe exhaust
throughout the model range.

Could it be that this was a PI car that someone decided to scrap that pesky fuel
injection in favor of good ol' reliable Stromberg carbs?...   ;-)

Cheers,

Brian Schlorff    '61 TR-4     '64 TR-4     '72 TR-6     '79 Spit
     Power British                             Check out Power British
    371 E. Main St.                                    on the 'net!
Norristown, PA 19401
   (610) 270-0505              http://www.powerbritish.com/~britcars