OD shifting

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: OD shifting
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Wed, 3 Mar 1999 10:38:20 -0500
Thanks to all who responded (Irv, Ken, Henry, Randall) regarding my OD hard
shifting concerns.

The majority advice was to shift while accelerating instead of cruising which
lessens the slamming effect.  Guess I should go back to my more aggressive
shifting days of twenty years ago when I had a 72 TR6 with OD and didn't notice
the 2nd gear slamming because I was more of a leadfoot.  I'll give that advice a
try this afternoon in our near 70 degree weather here in Denver.

Thanks again.
Bud

P.S. And to those (and you know who you are) who offered to solve my problem by
taking the OD off my hands and into their cars...Forgetaboutit!!