Water Pump Housing TR6

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Water Pump Housing TR6
From: scott suhring <suhring@lancnews.infi.net>
Date: Wed, 03 Mar 1999 22:38:07 -0500
Decided to remove the water pump housing with water
pump attached as a last project before I get the
6 back on the ground off the stands. Plan to replace
the gaskets and paint.

I ran into difficulty which I hope someone can steer
me the correct way. The problem is getting the housing
unscrewed from the water pipe union. I used one vice
grip to hold the water pipe in place at the back nut
of the union so the pipe wouldn't twist while I screwed
back the front of the union out of the housing. I have
the union screwed back as far as it can go and it still
isn't released from the housing. I removed the bolts from
the housing and tried truning the housing the remaining
way of the threads but the inner fender and timing cover
do not allow enough room to get a full turn.

So.  The housing is at the end of the thread but I can't
see any way to get that last 1/4 to 1/2 turn to release it
from the water pipe.

Any thoughts and ideas would be most appreciated, besides
letting it be and get the 6 running again (it is March, ya
know!).

Scott Suhring
Elizabethtown, PA
'70 TR6