Gloss black...great paint recomendation

To: Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Gloss black...great paint recomendation
From: Gbouff1@aol.com
Date: Thu, 4 Mar 1999 18:25:34 EST
Dear listers,
During the restoration process of my 3A I have been trying out various spray
can paints for the small gloss black parts.  Criteria is; ease of use,
coverage, scratch resistance,and finish.  I won't know about durability for a
few more years.

For what it's worth, I think that my search has ended with Dupli-color Gloss
Black #DE1613 engine enamel.  It has low heat resistance up to 500 degrees F.
Acceptable coverage.  Great lookig finish.  Note:  You must follow the
directions precisely.  All recoats must be applied about  10 minutes after
last spray and within one hour of first spray, or you have to wait 5 days to
recoat.  Do small batches and you're done in less than an hour and have great
looking parts.  Violate these instructions and an interesting wrinkle coat
forms( TRUST ME, I KNOW!!!)  The finish is quite hard and scratch resistant.

As a bonus you can bake some of the smaller parts for added durability, but
this knocks the gloss down a little.  Past experience also shows that this may
tick off your wife!

Gary Bouffard
59 TR3A  TS58399