RE: Dumb question of the day - lug nuts.

Subject: RE: Dumb question of the day - lug nuts.
From: "Gambony, Jim" <jim.gambony@eds.com>
Date: Fri, 5 Mar 1999 16:25:52 -0600
Dave,

Contact Mark J. Bradakis... he can supply the appropriate lug nuts (3/8"x24
thread "mag" style).....   unless you're lucky enough to have had a "PO"
convert the car to 7/16" studs... then you can buy mag style lug nuts at
most autoparts stores.

If you're desperate you can use the stock Spitfire lugnut (late style) to
help clamp the wheel to the hub until you can get the correct lugs.  It's
better than running no lug nut.......  but not a long term fix.

Or find someone with alloys on an MG Midget and borrow lugs from them...
I've had an MG owner borrow lugs from my Spitfire spares collection.

And yes, the stock Spitfire lugs are too small a diameter to fill the hole
in the alloy wheel.

Cheers!

Jim