Re: SNAPS for Tonneau cover on SPIT doors

To: MR DANIEL R CAREY <QAZX57A@prodigy.com>
Subject: Re: SNAPS for Tonneau cover on SPIT doors
From: fw underwood <funder77@ix.netcom.com>
Date: Sun, 07 Mar 1999 08:18:12 -0500
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

MR DANIEL R CAREY wrote:

> plastic snap studs on my 79 SPIT doors  have cracked due to UV...
> looking for a cheap source of
> reppalcement plastic snap suds.black or white................trying
> to avoid steel..as they are much larger and could rust....any help
> appreciated...DAN
>
> QAZX57A@prodigy.com

  Dan,

It has been 8 years since I last visited Carolina Houdaille  ( that's
right, the former strut and shock manufacturer) in Charlotte North
Carolina. But I would wager my Spitfire tonneau snaps that they will
have the plastic ones you are looking for at a most UNINFLATED cost as
perhaps the 3 specialty parts suppliers.
cheers,
Frank