Re:still another TR6 Stromberg carb question

To: Tim Gaines <mtgaines@cs1.presby.edu>, TRIUMPHS@autox.team.net
Subject: Re:still another TR6 Stromberg carb question
From: Bud_Rolofson@nps.gov (Bud Rolofson)
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 10:23:11 -0500
Tim wrote:

Then I did my balancing by adjusting the spring loaded screws.  Does this sound
right?

two carbs and THEN balance the carbs using the slow idle speed screws (that you
refer to as the spring loaded screws).  Once the carbs are balanced tighten the
connection.  You can then back one of the screws out a couple of turns on one of
the carbs and use the screw on the other carb to set your idle speed.  Once
you've got your idle speed where you want it after any other adjustments
(timing, dwell, fuel mixture, etc.) then you can bring tighten the slow idle
screw (on the carb where you backed the screw out) until it touches again.

    Bud
    71TR6 CC57365
    71TR6 CC65446