RE: Speedo for 4.10 rear

To: "ryoung@navcomtech.com" <ryoung@navcomtech.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: Speedo for 4.10 rear
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 14:51:02 -0500
Message text written by "ryoung@navcomtech.com"
>Do you have any suggestions for a paint that will match the lettering ?
 Mine has flaked off in places, and "as long as I have it apart..." <g>
 The original paint seems to be a water-based fluorescent (or maybe even
luminescent) white.
<

I have no idea what the proper paint is, nor how to get such crisp lettering
except from a stencil and air brush.  You might be able to get the dial refaced
at a speedometer place like Palo Alto Speedometer, or Nisonger.  I tried to
have Nisonger reface my chronometric tach, but they said they could not, for
some reason.  I was bummed out since that was the main reason I sent it out!

They did adjust and clean it, but the function was not a problem before.  I
just wanted a pristine _looking_ dial!

25 tooth gears coming off the worm drive......  I entered that info into my
speedometer manual.  I need to see/hear of more speedos!

If somebody has a 1050 (25*42) calibration old speedometer, I could use the 42
tooth gear on
the odometer wheels!

-Tony