RE: Speedo for 4.10 rear

To: "'Tony Rhodes'" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: RE: Speedo for 4.10 rear
From: Randall Young <randallyoung@earthlink.net>
Date: Mon, 8 Mar 1999 18:21:00 -0800
Cc: "Triumphs (E-mail)" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Tony :

Actually, I don't even know that I have a 4.10 axle.  I'd never paid any
attention until reading the discussion on speedo calibration numbers.  I
will check the ratio and the stamping next chance I get.  The car has an
OD, and the O in the VIN indicating it came from the factory that way.

Interestingly enough, I have been thinking I would like a taller rear end,
and was going to start asking around for a cheap 3.45 gear set !  If I can
just put in a 3.70, that would be neat !

I'm pretty sure the calibration numbers I gave you are correct, but I'll
double check tonight.  I may also pull the speedo head apart, just to see
what's in there <g>

Randall

On Monday, March 08, 1999 4:55 PM, Tony Rhodes
[SMTP:ARhodes@compuserve.com] wrote:

> Randall,
>
> Indeed, It was me!  1325 is a very nice number and is in the right range.
 This