Book - Practical Classics & Car Restorer - Triumph TR6 Restoration

To: "'triumphs@autox.team.net'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Book - Practical Classics & Car Restorer - Triumph TR6 Restoration
From: "Radley, Jack" <JackR@SHRIVERCO.COM>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 16:08:48 -0500 charset="iso-8859-1"
I just received this book today and have found it to be interesting so
far.  The book follows the restoration of a rusted hulk to completion as
a beautiful TR6.  I haven't had a chance to read it at much depth yet,
but the book closes with a chapter titled "Counting the cost and road
test"

In this final chapter, the authors tally up their costs for the
restoration.  The total is *34,455 (British pounds).

The book was published in 1992 and the mid-91 currency conversion rate
makes that equal to $55,852 US$.  Assuming the restoration took place at
a similar conversion rate, am I looking at a $56,000 TR6?

Granted, we all know that TR6's are worth $50-60K, but how many of these
$50K+ restoration animals exist?

Skimming that article made me feel good about the $1,000 I just spent on
a new brake master cylinder, brakes, hoses, belts, carb & ignition work
and steering boots.

Jack Radley
76TR6