How can I figure out my diff ratio without using fancy tools?

To: "Triumphs" <triumphs@autox.team.net>, "Tony" <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Subject: How can I figure out my diff ratio without using fancy tools?
From: "Charlie" <c2h60_@email.msn.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 12:58:03 -0000
Hi Tony,
I found these instructions on Malcolm Walker's FAQ.  Thanks Malcolm.  (^_^)

Put a chalk mark on your rear tire at the bottom.
Put a mark on the top of your fan extension shaft (white out, chalk?).
Park on level ground, Or better yet on a slight incline, nose down.
Put it in high gear. (1-1)
Remove spark plugs. (It's easier this way)
Grab fan and turn over engine by hand. Count engine revolutions to get one
full wheel turn.

I ended up with one tire revolution = three and a half engine revolutions.
Does this mean I have 3.45 gears?
My speedometer says SN6409/08  1120.  Is this normal?
I have another question.  I'm pretty sure my serial number on the
differential starts with CD.  Sorry to blast you with so many questions.

CC51493LO  "Raye"