RE: GT6 Mk 3 F.S.

To: Allen Hefner <LBC286@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE: GT6 Mk 3 F.S.
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 20:39:39 -0500
Allen,  in PA, there is such a thing as a "Mechanics Lien".  It
is possible to repossess a car based on that lien, but it is not
an automatic thing.  I bet there is some sort of official paper work
the mechanic would have to do in order to get legal title to SELL the car.
Otherwise, he is selling something he doesn't OWN.  I would not touch it
until a title was in the seller's hands.  It ought to be quite
possible and not too expensive for the mechanic to do with a lawyers help.

For _you_ to title an "abandoned" car with out the owner's help, good luck.

As far as the state is concerned, you might have stolen it a while back and
are now trying to launder the car....

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
From: LBC286@aol.com
Subject: Re: Triumph GT6 Mk3 F.S.

In a message dated 3/8/99 11:45:19 AM Eastern Standard Time,