Re: OD-4.1 diff

To: "INTERNET:Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu" <Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Re: OD-4.1 diff
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 14:08:40 -0500
Message text written by INTERNET:Chris_Lillja@pupress.princeton.edu
>Hi Tony-

>Nope, no factory OD on my 4A. She came non-OD, 3.7, and the speedo calibration
>number is 1152.
>
>That number is a little higher than some because my car came from the factory
>with radials. (per BMHT cert) I'm pretty sure according to my parts book that
>there were different speedos for cars with radials, bias ply, radias w/OD and
>bias ply w/OD.... I think the calibration numbers are mentioned in the parts
>book -- I'll check for you tonight, if you don't have the information handy...

I have that info.  1184 was for the non-radial tires.  (3.7)

I presume that 1280 was used for the radials + 4.1
and that 1312 was for the non-radial + 4.1.
(I think I have confirmation of the 1312).

>I do have a 4.1, that a bought from a guy in Mass.
>
>Unfortunately the car was totaled in the early '70 when he hit a wooden pallet
>on RT2. He had long since sold the OD trans and the speedo (which I asked him
>about).

Too bad you could not get the speedo too......

You must have spent a lot of time looking fo the various parts!
Now I am going and harvesting the OD off mine with the 4.1!!!!  HA HA HA HA :(

-Tony