re: TR2 Cooling Question

To: Mark Gendron <mister_toad@email.msn.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: re: TR2 Cooling Question
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 10 Mar 1999 15:43:31 -0500
Mark,

I think the bleed hole should be "up".  I also don't think it makes a big
difference.  Maybe if there is air in the system, but even then....

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net

Date: Tue, 9 Mar 1999 22:48:51 -0800
From: "Mark Gendron" <mister_toad@email.msn.com>
Subject: TR2 cooling question

I rolled the TR out of the garage and started it last week, and it
overheated.
I removed the water pump and the thermostat and tested both, and they
seemed
fine (FYI, it is a sleeved thermostat.) So I bolted them back on and
started
the
car again, and now the temperature holds steady at 185F. Go figure.

A friend mentioned that the orientation of the thermostat can be important
(on his Subaru, at least). The bleed hole in the thermostat needs to be
oriented
properly. Is this the case with the TR2/3/4 thermostat and if so, what is
the
correct orientation?
<