Speedometer numbers (was Re: OD-4.1 diff)

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Speedometer numbers (was Re: OD-4.1 diff)
From: ArthurK101@aol.com
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 10:13:05 EST
In a message dated 10-Mar-99 14:11:37 Eastern Standard Time,
ARhodes@compuserve.com writes:

> Nope, no factory OD on my 4A. She came non-OD, 3.7, and the speedo
> calibration
>  >number is 1152.

FWIW to this thread.  My '64 TR4 CT33118L came from the factory (I know
because I picked it up there) with no OD, Michelin X radials 165-15, and a
speedo with number 1152 centered below the "tripometer."

The relationship between the tach and speedo has always been:

1st gear -  2000rmp is 10 mph
2nd gear - 2000rpm is 20  mph
3rd gear - 2000 rpm is 30 mph
4th gear - 2000 rpm is 40 mph

In 4th gear the needles on the two gauges point in the same direction, in
other words,  they are symetrical as you look at the gauges.  If the tach
needle is at the 10 o'clock position on the dial - so is the speedo needle.
Cheers.

Art Kelly '64 TR4 CT33118L (original owner/1st car owned/daily driver)