2.0L to 2.5L Conversion

To: <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: 2.0L to 2.5L Conversion
From: "Paul Coffman" <paul@deltacom.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:35:24 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Has anybody swapped the GT6 MK1 engine with a TR6 2.5L?  I think I saw a web
site one time with some info about that. Here's what I understand will have
to be done.

Use GT6 rear engine plates
Use GT6 flywheel/clutch
Use GT6 engine mounts

Possible Problems:
Will the TR6 oil pan fit?
The GT6 radiator has an extra hose from the thermostat.
Will the larger Strombergs clear the bonnet?
Is the GT6/TR6 oil filter the same?  The TR6 spin-on won't clear the GT6
frame.

Am I missing anything?

The reason for this is that the GT6 needs to be broken down, inspected and
rebuilt.  One the the conn rods and/or thrust washers and/or something else
is in bad shape.  I don't have the money to rebuild it the way I want and I
would like to have the GT to drive this spring. I'll eventually rebuild the
GT6 engine then swap them back out.  So this isn't permanent.

Paul