RE:speedometers

To: Frank Crowe <thecrowes@hotmail.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: RE:speedometers
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 19:12:02 -0500
Frank, thanks for the info.

The way I figure it, the "740" turns per Km is about  1191 turns per mile.
This is close to the expected 1180, but different enough so that it is prob.
not a rounding error.  Would be interesting to look inside the case
to count the teeth on the gears!

If you rev too high, don't bother with the 4.1 rear!  Just slap on
an OD!!!

-Tony

Message text written by INTERNET:triumphs-owner@autox.team.net
From: "Frank Crowe" <thecrowes@hotmail.com>

Jacked up my Œ59 TR3A (none OD) and turned the drive shaft ten times to
double check my rearend ratio and sure enough, itıs 3.7:1.  (Also have a
spare rearend, which I havenıt checked, but was told was 4.1.)  The
interesting thing is that I have a KPH speedometer (³740²) and left hand
drive.  740 would be about correct for a 3.7 rearend.<