TR cylinder head differences

To: triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: TR cylinder head differences
From: "Brad Kahler" <brad.kahler@141.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 14:01:10 -0600
Listers,

I had thought there were differences to the cylinder heads between the
TR3's, TR4's and TR4A's.  I just did a quick number comparison off of the
three different heads in my posession and each one has the number 302137
cast into it between the 2nd and 3rd cylinders on the left hand side.  I have
a head from each model of car and verified that indead this number is cast
into each one.

If there are differences what would they be and are they visible from an
outside inspection?

TIA

Brad  (Lincoln Nebraska 402-464-1502)
My Web Site Http://www.141.com/triumphs (updated 3/9/99)

1964 Spitfire4 BFC25720L
1962 TR4 CT288L          -- 1965 TR4 CT38888LO parts car?
1959 TR3A TS41311L       -- 1959 TR3A TS53523L parts car
1951 1/2 ton Dodge Truck B-3-B-108