Rear hubs and seals

To: "'TRIUMPH MAIL'" <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Rear hubs and seals
From: "Stinocher, Bryan D." <bdstinocher@sewsus.com>
Date: Fri, 12 Mar 1999 17:19:14 -0600charset="iso-8859-1"
Well, I got my rear hubs back from the guy in Denver. I took one apart last
night, and need some help:

1) it doesn't look like there are any seals in this hub I took apart. I put
a rear seal in that I had bought from a local auto store, but I'm not sure
that this is how it is supposed to sit. There wasn't a rear seal in there to
go by.

2) I can't figure out how to get the front bearing off. It spins okay, but
won't come off of flange like the rear bearing did. If I can't get it off, I
can't put a seal in there (although again, it doesn't appear to have a
seal).

Anyone out there understand how these go back together? I can always muddle
my way, but I don't want to ruin a perfectly good bearing (and won't, since
I refuse to pry it off. There must be some trick to get it to "pop" off).

Thanks.

Bryan Stinocher
bdstinocher@sewsus.com
502-782-7397  xt 2284