Wiper motor is worse!

To: Dan Masters <DANMAS@aol.com>, Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Wiper motor is worse!
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Sun, 14 Mar 1999 13:30:04 -0500
Well, I took off the back plate of the wiper motor (TR4A) and cleaned the
brushes.  Then I tried to turn it on with the back plate off so
I could see what it was trying to do.  BTW, I could spin the
motor by hand (with it off) easily.  I turned it on and
the motor did not spin.  I tried to help it along and it was just
seized in one position!  Immobile!  THen the brushes got very warm.

I turned it off, reassimbled completely, but it still does not work at all.
Just sucks up about 6 amps or more.

What to do now!

-Tony