Re: A real 'gay' day....

To: Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Subject: Re: A real 'gay' day....
From: Bill Davies <daviesw@ecid.cig.mot.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:59:30 +0000
Cc: spitfires@autox.team.net, triumphs@autox.team.net
Hi Johnny,
        HA! We were out in the Spitty yesterday - roof off for the first time
this year (unless you include a couple of journeys home from work with
frozen fingers!). We went down to Brooklands Museum (the home of motor
racing) in mini-convoy with some other TSSC members. They let us take
the cars up on the banking, so lots of photos got taken - that is one
steep banking, must be close to 45 degrees! Getting out of the Spitfire
was pretty difficult with the entire weight of the door against me!
        On Saturday I ended up at a clearance auction of a former Triumph
dealership which is soon for demolition. Needless to say, I bought
enormous quantities of junk in order to obtain a few minor spares for my
projects! Anyone want to buy some exhaust systems????
        Cheers,
                Bill.

--
                            This Message sent by:
=====U==============U=====  1964 Herald 1200 Saloon
\________________________/  1966 Herald 1200 Convertible
 | |                  | |   1973 Spitfire MkIV
 |_|                  |_|   1959 Standard Atlas Pickup