A real 'gay' day....

To: spitfires@autox.team.net
Subject: A real 'gay' day....
From: "Johnny Storm: International Racing car driver" <hiu06f@bangor.ac.uk>
Date: Mon, 15 Mar 1999 14:37:11 +0000 (GMT)
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net

   Not a bad weekend car wise! The viterald was not deemed a suitable
vehicle for Girlfriend transportation, so her father offered the
services of a hire car, a toledo. Sadly this was of the 'SEAT' variety
rather than the triumph one (a questionable improvement over the
Viterald?!). The hire company blissfully belived my claim to be a barman
and handed over the keys. They did claim to 'er indoors it was a 1400cc
model, it managed just over 60 mph before the revlimiter prevented
further amusement in second gear! I would honestly question the sanity
of anyone who bought an ex-hire car! :-) We picked up The missus' friend
and headed on down to Gaydon to see the BMH centre. Perhaps Jonmac can
enlighten us why we had to park half a mile from the centre and be taken
in by Land-rover 'train' when there was a massive empty car park right
by the door? With further reference to Jonmac, a big thankyou for his
time taken out for a chat, most appreciated! I promise to get my address
in the post asap!:-) A further favour to be requested from Jonmac. can
you confirm or deny that the 'colouring-in' are not just for small
children?:-) The day finished with a drive home to Sunny Wales (for a
change) and a fifteen mile backroad stint in 3rd (It would go up to
80mph) to use up petrol I didn't want to give the Hire co for 'free'!

  tra for now, Johnny   '70 Viterald