Re: Fans revisited/power upgrades

To: Dave Brink <dbrink@niu.edu>
Subject: Re: Fans revisited/power upgrades
From: Joe Curry <spitlist@gte.net>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 1999 07:06:23 -0800
Cc: triumphs@autox.team.net, LBPB1@aol.com
Having waded through all the Fan/alternator talk in the past few days, I
thought it rather interesting that I saw a product advertised on one of
the car shows this past weekend.

It was a Water Pump with a built in alternator.  The cut-away of the
unit revealed that the stator windings were very neatly arranged around
the outside of the pump housing and covered by the surrounding housing.
The shaft doubled as the rotor.  This enables a single rotating assembly
to provide both cooling and voltage.

Neat unit but is only available for selected US engines to the tune of
$500.

I guess I'll stick to the setup I already have.  If it ain't broke don't
fix it!

Joe

--
 -- Dave Weinbaum in National Enquirer