Re: SU carbs ..again

To: afridayfam@email.msn.com, Triumphs@autox.team.net
Subject: Re: SU carbs ..again
From: "Gregory Petrolati" <greenman62@hotmail.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 06:04:48 PST

>I have a TR-4A with Su carbs...have had since 1976 and have never
touched
>carbs...Recently redid a bunch but not carbs. Mixture is too
rich/fouling
>carbs...should I spend money on a rebuild at this point or attempt to
>adjust?

   I think I would clean the carbs "in situ". Then go for an
   adjustment. If that doesn't improve things, get the rebuild kit
   from your favorite supplier. Were it me, I'd rebuild them anyway.

   Since the car isn't running lean I don't think you have worn
   throttle shafts but, it wouldn't hurt to have a recce (peek)
   at them to see if there's excessive play there. Sucking air
   past the throttle shafts plays hobb with getting the carbs
   adjusted properly.

Greg Petrolati Champaign, Illinois
1962 TR4 (CT4852L)