Re: TR3B Exhaust Dimensions

To: David Moag <moag@ix.netcom.com>
Subject: Re: TR3B Exhaust Dimensions
From: George Hahn <geohahn@azstarnet.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 10:31:50 -0700
Cc: TR <triumphs@autox.team.net>
David Moag wrote:

> ...tail pipes, which I would like to stick out at least a little bit
> from the end of the body.... how far back does the
> body extend past the end of the frame itself.

Difficult to say exactly because of body curves, but on my car, measured
at the centerline of the tailpipe, the lower/outer edge of the bodywork
is 3" beyond the large tube crossmember of the frame.  The tailpipe tip
extends another 2" beyond the body.

Soooo... if I had the body off the tailpipe and tip would extend 5"
beyong that tubular crossmember.  Can't say what was original but this
set-up looks about right to me.

Geo Hahn
59 TR3A TS47905L