TR6 Wiper Motor and Wheelboxes

To: TR Newsgroup <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 Wiper Motor and Wheelboxes
From: Gary Klein <gklein@toad.net>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:55:50 -0500
Scions,

Two questions about the wipers.  Tonight I disassembled the motor
assembly for a thorough cleaning and check out.  The motor armature
would not come out of the housing, and felt like it was held in via a
spring.  What gives?

Second, has anybody cleaned the decades old grease and re-lubed their
wheelboxes?  I've got them out of the body.  How did you do it as the
gear and arm mounting kurled knob are press fitted to the shafts.

Thanks,

Gary
Digest
'75 TR6