Loose rubber (leather?) rim of steering wheel

To: Triumph List <triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: Loose rubber (leather?) rim of steering wheel
From: Tony Rhodes <ARhodes@compuserve.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:30:31 -0500
I have a TR6 steering wheel on my TR4A.  The wheel has a leather or
imitation leather covering on the rim.  Some of the covering has come loose
in the 9:30 position to the 12:00 position.

Has anyone had any luck re-sticking these things?  WHat should I use?
How do I do it?  My usual guru has never had any luck, so my hopes
are fading.  I don't want to spring for a Motolita.

Anybody have a Les Leston wheel they would sell me?

-Tony