TR6 rocker shaft oil feed problem

To: <Triumphs@autox.team.net>
Subject: TR6 rocker shaft oil feed problem
From: "Craig & Karen Bentley" <mmbent@email.msn.com>
Date: Wed, 17 Mar 1999 20:14:20 -0500
Greetings listers, I know this subject has been approached before but I
guess I wasn't paying attention. I am trying to install the external rocker
shaft oil line on my engine and can not get the thing to stop leaking. I
knew that as soon as I put oil in the engine I'd probably have leaks but any
how my problem has to do with where the line bolts to the head. I have
already ruined one banjo bolt and four sealing washers and am on my last
set. It seems to me upon closer inspection that the drilling in the head is
not perfectly square with the surface on the head that the sealing washer
contacts. In other words the banjo bolt goes into the head at an angle. The
angle is small but it is visually detectable. Anybody got a solution?  Is
this common? Any thoughts most appreciated,  TIA Craig Bentley